Thursday, February 7, 2019

My Interview with Leslie Hachtel




What is your name and/or pen name? 

Leslie Hachtel 

What genre do you write? 

I write romance: Historical, historical paranormal and romantic suspense. 

What made you want to be a writer? 

I think it's in my blood. For as long as I can remember, I created stories in my head. Finally, I started to write them down. 

What do you use to keep yourself inspired while writing? 

Being able to write is inspiration in itself. Just the luxury of time to allow the stories in my head to grow and flourish and then make it onto the blank page. I am grateful for that every day. 

How do you feel about the writing community as a whole? 

The writing community is made up of creative people and they are a different breed. We speak a separate language and have concerns about algorithms and branding and target audience. Overall, I think the community is composed of very generous people all trying to do (and write) the best they can every day. 

Have you or will you be willing to collaborate with other authors in the future? 

Actually, I just signed on to do an anthology with seven other writers. It's a little out of my genre and called "Perfectly Poisoned". It's more intrigue and tricks within tricks and betrayal than romance. It is so much fun to write, though. It will be out in December. 

Tell us about your book and if it’s upcoming or already published. 

What if your family sold you to a Sultan's Harem?

Drugged and kidnapped, Shera finds herself on a ship to Morocco to serve the Sultan. Abandoned and alone, Shera must find a way to escape and confront the people who betrayed her. She gets help from an unlikely source: the man who kidnapped her. But, he has his own secrets. And, when their partnership turns to love, the two must face constant danger to endure. But will they ever be free? 

            It is already published. 

Is your book or upcoming book an eBook, paperback, or both? 

It's both.

Is this your first book? 

Actually, it's number eleven. 

Are you planning to write more? 

"Bound to Morocco" is the first in a series. I have to write more or the characters will never stop nagging. 

Is there anything you would say to other writers, that want to write and publish a book? 

Believe in yourself. Believe you have a story to tell and one worth writing. And don't give up. Rejection is part of this business, but don't let it discourage you. Even the most famous writers have had lots rejections before they finally made it. 

Where can my readers find your book and how they can follow you on social media? Leave only links that you want open to the public. 

"Bound to Morocco" is on all major sites: 







 Thank you so much for sharing with us Leslie. I can relate to characters nagging me too. I hope everyone will check out Leslie’s book ‘Bound to Morocco by using the links above. 
As Always, Happy, Reading and Writing Everyone 
G. D. Talbot

No comments:

Post a Comment