Friday, February 15, 2019

My Interview With Michelle Bolanger




What is your name and/or pen name? 

My name is Michelle Bolanger, and I publish under the same name. 

What genre do you write? 

It depends on the day. I have published three urban fantasy romance novels, and two Christian fiction. I also have two high fantasy series in progress, and a contemporary romance. I’m a bit of a genre hopper. 

What made you want to be a writer? 

My love of reading. Being sucked into another world by words on a page is one of the most exiting experiences ever. Authors are able to create worlds, set your emotions on fire or freeze you with fear. All with the power of their imagination. I wanted that kind of power!
Just kidding. I read like a starving woman most of the time, and it’s my belief that eventually, when you put that much creativity in, it’s only a matter of time before you can’t help but let out your own.
 

What do you use to keep yourself inspired while writing? 

I am very visually driven. When I get stuck or if I need a bit of inspiration to keep a scene moving, I search Pinterest or Google images for ideas. 

How do you feel about the writing community as a whole? 

I LOVE IT! In my experience, the writing community is one of the most welcoming and encouraging groups I have ever been a part of. Most of the authors, bloggers, and industry professionals I have had the pleasure to meet are more than willing to share their wisdom, tips and tricks with us newbies. 

Have you or will you be willing to collaborate with other authors in the future? 

I haven’t collaborated in the sense of co-writing a story with someone, but if the right opportunity and co-author came along, I’d be willing to give it a try. 

Tell us about your book and if it’s upcoming or already published. 

My most recent book, Safe Cages, published on August 7, 2018. It is about two men who are desperately in love with each other when they come face to face with the love an acceptance of God, and His love changes everything. 

Is your book or upcoming book an eBook, paperback, or both? 

Safe Cages is available in both ebook and paperback. 

Is this your first book? 

It is my fifth book, the second book in a set of novels called The Challenged Faith Novels. 

Are you planning to write more? 

I sure hope so! I have outlines for one more Challenged Faith novel in addition to the fantasies and romances I mentioned earlier. 

Is there anything you would say to other writers, that want to write and publish a book? 

Read. A LOT. Read outside your genre.
Write. A LOT. Write crap you never intend to publish, you might surprise
yourself.
Focus on finishing. You’ll be tempted to jump to a new story when it gets hard. Don’t. The new one won’t be any easier to finish. 

Where can my readers find your book and how they can follow you on social media? Leave only links that you want open to the public. 

You can find my books on Amazon, iBooks, Kobo, and Barnes and Noble.

You can find me on Facebook:



I send a newsletter once a month or so with updates, sales, and contests. You can sign up at the bottom of my website or from my Facebook page.

Thank you so much, Michelle, for sharing with us. I really love the idea of using images to keep inspiration flowing. I’m sure some of my followers will be using that trick.

I hope everyone will check out Michelle’s books and follow her on social media by using the links above. And remember if you like her books, make sure to share with your friends and family.

Happy Reading and Writing Everyone

G. D. Talbot

No comments:

Post a Comment