Saturday, July 7, 2018

My Interview with Lawrence A Wood MD



What is your name and/or pen name?

Lawrence A Wood MD 

What genre do you write? 

Crime Novels 

What made you want to be a writer? 

I first began writing poems because, as a shy person, it was much easier to write my thoughts than to openly express them. However, the best thing about writing is the ability to create. That’s cool. 

How do you feel about the writing community as a whole? 

Writers are amazing! To read or hear other writers create something from nothing highlights the incredible human mind. 

Have you or will you be willing to collaborate with other authors in the future? 

I have been approached in the past to collaborate, but it has not happened yet. I have my own projects which need my attention. I would collaborate on the right project, though. I did collaborate on the adaptation of my first novel “Among Pigeons” into a screenplay. 

Tell us about your book and if it’s upcoming or already published. 

I have a series of crime novels involving Roman Barnes, a homeless man. Each book has a theme. 

In “Among Pigeons” Roman befriends a young girl and then accused of abducting her. The theme is dignity. 

“Love and Death Among Pigeons” -Roman is compelled to take care of a dog and a homeless woman and finds himself involved in a murder. Theme is companionship.

“Life Among Pigeons” (presently writing) is a prequel. It goes into much more detail of how Roman became homeless. The theme is hope. 

I also have an illustrated short Christmas story, “The Strawberry Tree”. Josephus Thomas Thatch-hut returns to his mother’s homeland and learns a powerful Christmas message. 

Is your book or upcoming book an eBook, paperback, or both? 

First 2 novels are paperbacks and eBooks. The same will be true of the 3rd. 

To get a copy of the short story, email drwoodtales@gmail.com 

Is this your first book? 

            No

Are you planning to write more? 

            Yes 

Is there anything you would say to other writers, that want to write and publish a book? 

Write, write, write. There is nothing to publish, unless you write it, FIRST. Write! 

Where can my readers find your book and how they can follow you on social media? Leave only links that you want open to the public. 

Books can be ordered on Amazon.com 


Thank you Lawrence, and I couldn't agree more when you talked about creating something from nothing. As artists in our craft, we start and end with just the tool of our minds. Thanks again.

As Always, Happy Reading and Writing Everyone
G. D. Talbot

No comments:

Post a Comment