Wednesday, July 11, 2018

My Interview with Brandi Collier



What is your name and/or pen name? 

Yes, Brandi Collier is my newly married name, but I thought of using a pen name in the future. For writing projects outside of my genre, I have a lot of ideas. 

What genre do you write? 

I do Christian Fiction with a little mystery and suspense. 

What made you want to be a writer? 

I love creating stories and characters. I did it as a kid, just escaped to a fantasy world in order to avoid personal pain. And started out with poetry and it took off from there. 

How do you feel about the writing community as a whole? 

I think the indie community needs to be more respected and given more opportunities for movies, television series, and stage plays. It is a score of undiscovered authors that could change and elevate the writing community. 

Have you or will you be willing to collaborate with other authors in the future? 

Honestly, I have not giving to much thought since I am new to the industry. But I also have so many heroes in the writing community I could not just choose one to work with. 

Tell us about your book and if it’s upcoming or already published. 

My book No! I’m just protected, is already out on the market since March 13, 2018 

Is your book or upcoming book an eBook, paperback, or both? 

I did both formats for the tech savvy and for the old school paperback lover. 

Is this your first book?

Yes, this is my first book but my second release. I released it a few years ago and made huge mistakes. I had to take it off the market, learn from my mistakes, then have the courage to do it again. I would not give up on myself because I knew where I want to be. 

Are you planning to write more? 

Yes, I do have two more books that are due to be released in the Fall of this year and Spring of 2019. They are books two and three in my new series. 

Is there anything you would say to other writers, that want to write and publish a book? 

They laugh at you, keep writing. They make fun of you or think you are strange, keep writing.

They tell you it won’t work, keep writing. Because who you are is in between the pages you created. Not the prison society or other people’s opinions try to place you. The definitions of society and needing to fit in, does not mesh well with being a good writer/author. 

Where can my readers find your book and how they can follow you on social media? Leave only links that you want open to the public. 


Thank you Brandi for sharing with us, and after reading your interview, I think we may have been cut from the same writing cloth. I too agree that no matter what people say negatively to you, KEEP WRITING.
I hope everyone will check out Brandi's book and,
As Always, Happy Reading and Writing Everyone
G. D. Talbot

No comments:

Post a Comment