Saturday, June 30, 2018

My Interview with Merlin Franco


What is your name and/or pen name?
My real name is as fancy as a pen name. So, I chose to write in my real name.
What genre do you write?
Fiction that is inspired by real life events.
What made you want to be a writer?
Words are the best weapon to fight against the problems plaguing our times. When I look around the world we live, I realize that I have nothing but words to offer as panacea.
How do you feel about the writing community as a whole?
There are writers who identify a hot selling genre and try to fit in their works there. And, there are writers who write because they want to tell a story without caring for the market. The former are much venerated in the short term, the latter gain traction only in the long run. Irrespective of the genres and intentions, I am impressed by the support I have received from fellow authors especially in the self-publishing world.
Have you or will you be willing to collaborate with other authors in the future?
            I am comfortable in working alone for fictions. Would collaborate for non-fictions.
Tell us about your book and if it’s upcoming or already published.
A Dowryless Wedding, my debut novel has been just published in association with Authors Upfront, India. It is the story of the many Indian men who choose to defy conventions, standing up against conservatism and status quo. It throws light on the untold dimension of the dowry system that impedes the progress of Indian women.
Is your book or upcoming book an eBook, paperback, or both?
            It is published in both versions.
Is this your first book?
            The first in the fiction world. Have published academic books before.
Are you planning to write more?
            Yes, planning to follow up with related books.
Is there anything you would say to other writers, that want to write and publish a book?
            Start writing! There are stories that you alone can tell.
Where can my readers find your book and how they can follow you on social media? Leave only links that you want open to the public.
            Amazon: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07DNFMT22
            iBook, Nook, Kobo, Indigo: https://books2read.com/adowrylesswedding
Thanks Merlin for telling us about yourself and I agree about the name, very unique.
As Always, Happy Reading and Writing Everyone

G. D. Talbot

No comments:

Post a Comment