Monday, July 2, 2018

My Interview with Janice Jones


What is your name and/or pen name? 

Janice Jones 

What genre do you write? 

Paranormal Fiction, at the moment. 

What made you want to be a writer? 

I think I’ve always been a writer. I used to write to entertain myself. Then I started writing for my high school newspaper. I thought I wanted to be a lawyer, just to write briefs and decisions, but I found out that I was bored by that kind of writing. I’d rather create worlds and characters. 

How do you feel about the writing community as a whole? 

I’m finding it hard to find a group dedicated to the art. Mostly people just want you to like their Facebook pages and follow them on Twitter for show. I once belonged to a writing group that didn’t do a lot of writing. Mostly, the leader brought in her friends, who were already published. They just wanted you to buy their books. They never answered questions about their agents or publishers or how they got noticed in the first place. It was very competitive and not very supportive, so I stopped going. 

Have you or will you be willing to collaborate with other authors in the future? 

I’d love to collaborate with other writers. Especially in the non-fiction arena. I’d like to learn more about how to put real life stories on the page. 

Tell us about your book and if it’s upcoming or already published. 

I have two books in a three book series out right now. It’s a cross between Buffy the Vampire Slayer and Jason Borne, I think. The lead character is a woman of color that was once a soldier and hunter of vampires and other supernatural beings. She’s an adult when the story starts, so we see flashbacks of her time hunting as a teenager. I will finish the series sometime in the next couple of months. 

Is your book or upcoming book an eBook, paperback, or both? 

Both books can be purchased in e-book and paperback. 

Is this your first book? 

This is my first book. 

Are you planning to write more? 

My next project will be a non-fiction piece based on real life.  I’m also working on a screenplay for the series and plan on turning it into a graphic novel as well. 

Is there anything you would say to other writers, that want to write and publish a book? 

Don’t stop writing. Don’t listen to anyone that tells you its not worth it. Try to write in a space that’s free of distraction, but sometimes distractions are good. Sometimes stepping away from a story can help you focus and cut down on writer’s block. Help others when you can. Don’t see other writers as competition. See them as inspiration and resources. Most of all, have fun. 

Where can my readers find your book and how they can follow you on social media? Leave only links that you want open to the public. 

Both books can be found on Amazon.com, BN.com and bookbub.com and through my publisher Amberjack Publishing


Thank you Janice, I really enjoyed what you had to say about the writing community. I understand and have seen a lot of these groups that lie to try and get your money. That is why I do this blog because there is no obligation to come and view my posts. A lot of people find that crazy but in the end they are happy that there are no high pressures sales going on here. Thanks again Janice, for allowing me to interview you. 
As Always, Happy Reading and Writing Everyone
G. D. Talbot

No comments:

Post a Comment