Wednesday, June 13, 2018

My Book Review of - From Stagnation to Transformation By Clifton Pettyjohn




1 Star for writing and publishing a book, and putting yourself out there.

½ Star for book cover. The cover was ok, but I think it could have been set up better.

½ Star for interior formatting. The formatting was fine but some small issues.

1 Star for intro; it got me interested.

1 Star for the book as a whole, I enjoyed subject matter and wanted to get to the end of the book. 

As a Christian I am a little bias because the subject matter is based on bible verses. The author is also Christian and puts his faith into his writing. That also made me, as a Christian to pay attention to his work.  Just like most books I read, there’s always seems to be a little problem with the cover and the interior formatting. As I have said before I will not focus on these little mistakes for as an author myself, I have made the same ones. But I do give ½ stars for both, whether there are one or one million mistakes made, and will not sit and point them out. Just like other books I have read with these mistakes, they do not take away from the book as a whole, at least in my opinion.

As I said above, that I am bias because of being a Christian on the subject matter of this book. But I have to point out that I enjoyed reading a book on self help through Christian faith, bible verses and how they affected the author; Instead of long nonfiction stories giving the same ideas. Over all I would recommend the book to anyone, whether you are a Christian or just looking for some inspirational words for you daily life. 

4 out of 5 stars 
If you want to read my interview with Clifton Pettyjohn, check it out here on my blog. 
As Always, if you do get the chance to read this book? Write a review, so the author knows what you think of their work. Click here to purchase


Happy Reading and Writing Everyone. 

G. D. Talbot

No comments:

Post a Comment