Tuesday, November 6, 2018

G. D.'s Holiday Book Picks


This book is not just a great book to read to your kids but it is also a great story to teach them to read. The author is the youngest I have met and I can't wait to see where her writing career goes as she grows up.

Here is my review of the book.

1 star For writing a book and publishing it, for this author I wish I could give more than one.

1 star Book cover was great and I didn’t see any errors.

1 star Interior look great, I didn’t find any errors and it flowed nicely with the illustrations.

1 star The intro grabs me and wanted me to read more.

1 star I enjoyed the book as a whole. 

First I have to point out that the author of this wonderful book is only 12 years old. Having been a writer at a young age too, I could relate to someone of a young age imagining the world through the eyes of something like, a pumpkin. Because I have several children, three that are still at home and very young, I enjoyed the fact that I could imagine myself reading this book to them. As with all my reviews I gave a star for being brave enough to write and work hard to get your book published. For this author I wish I could give more. I found the cover and interior very nice and the book as a whole flowed from page to page. The one thing I enjoyed the most about this book was it was a boy seed and his two sister seeds.  As I said before I have three children left in my house and there are two girls and a boy. The girls are older and they often leave their brother out when playing together. Listening to the boy seed talk about being left out; made me think of the times when my son has had to work his way into the games his sisters were playing. Over all, this is a fantastic book and I would recommend it to everyone, especially anyone with young children. 

5 out of 5 Stars 

You can get your copy by using the link here.
Remember going into the Holiday Season, books make great gifts.
Happy Reading and Writing Everyone
G. D. Talbot

No comments:

Post a Comment