Monday, November 26, 2018

G. D.’s Holiday Book Pick


My review of this book.

1 star - For writing and publishing.
1 star - For book cover.
½ star - Interior Formatting.
½ star - For Intro.
½ star - Book as a whole. 

As with all my reviews, I always give 1 star for simply writing and publishing a book. Usually I only give ½ stars for covers, because I always find some kind of formatting problem. But I really liked this one. It’s simple and eye catching at the same time. The only thing I would change is the placement of the author’s name on the front, but that isn’t enough for me to give less than a star. The interior formatting has some little problems here and there, but not enough to take away from reading the book for me. But as I have stated on other reviews, one or more formatting problems is a half star, and I will not go into details over them. 

This book is full of information on Jesus, stories and people in the bible, and people in modern times. Unfortunately just like most books that are more about teaching the reader, rather than entertaining them. The book comes off dry, slow moving, and doesn’t seem to flow well in some places. So for that I could only give ½ stars for the intro and the book as a whole. 

I would recommend anyone and everyone to read this book, it’s informative and educational but I would suggest doing two things before reading it. One, don’t binge read it like I did. Set aside time where you can read a little at a time. I wish I had done that and spaced out my reading to let the information sink in. Also, I think this book would do great with Christian book clubs. Doing one part a week and then having discussions before moving onto the next section.

3 ½ stars out of 5

If you would like to buy a copy of this book for yourself Click Here

Also if you would like to see my interview with the author use the Link Here

Remember, books make great holiday gifts and
As Always, Happy Reading and Writing Everyone 
G. D. Talbot

No comments:

Post a Comment