Monday, July 23, 2018

My Review of - Art: A Book of My Paintings



Art: A Book of My Paintings

By Jada Elise Mitchell and Anita Green Burkett 


1 star for writing and publishing
½ star for cover
½ star for interior formatting
0 star for intro
1 star for book as a whole 

Of course I gave one star for writing and publishing as I do for all my book reviews. I was originally going to give 0 stars for the cover but I really did like the originality of it, especially the placement of the author’s names. But the fonts on the cover are distracting and I really wish they had used other ones, especially for the author’s names. One half stars for the interior formatting, as everyone knows that reads my reviews. One or more interior formatting I give a half star. Zero stars for intro, I’m not sure if it’s because the intro is so short or if it’s the placement of how the intro is done. But it didn’t drag me in and make me want to read more. Even with the intro and formatting problems, I like the book overall and gave one star for that. 

I would recommend this book to anyone; I love the idea of mixing other art forms with Christian beliefs, and then sharing them in a book to the world. I honestly hope that these authors will do more books like this and maybe even inspire others to do the same.

3 out of 5 Stars 

As Always, Happy Reading and Writing Everyone
G. D. Talbot

No comments:

Post a Comment