Thursday, July 5, 2018

My Interview with Pirkko Rytkonen


What is your name and/or pen name?

Pirkko Rytkonen

What genre do you write?

Women’s/contemporary fiction

What made you want to be a writer?

Actually I didn’t think about becoming a writer until I had a story to tell, after I retired from teaching. Of course, I’ve written all my life--notes, memos, letters, etc. but this is different. It’s been said that anyone who writes can be called a writer so in my mind I became a writer when I first created a website where I blog about God’s grace through difficulties that we experience, and how to live above our circumstances.

How do you feel about the writing community as a whole?

The first time I attended a writers conference I felt right at home, where I belong. That was five years ago. I love the energy, inspiration and the education I receive from seasoned experienced writers and authors.

Have you or will you be willing to collaborate with other authors in the future?

I’m not sure. I’ve only published one novel plus my blog.

Tell us about your book and if it’s upcoming or already published.

THE OTHER CHILD, published in November 2017 on Amazon.
When a stranger knocks on her door Emma's perfect life begins to crumble. Nothing could turn the clock back from her past. Her birth son finds her. Will she risk it?
Could she keep her vow to hide the secret forever from her husband without jeopardizing her family? Emma lives a lie and keeps the happy facade until something happens.
Constant conflict drive Emma into behaviors she didn't know she was capable of. With secrets hidden and the perfect family image crumbling she seeks answers. But will Emma risk losing everything she's worked so hard to achieve? Will love become destructive...or offer a new beginning?

Is your book or upcoming book an eBook, paperback, or both?

Both.

Is this your first book?

Yes.

Are you planning to write more?

Hopefully. My head is full of ideas. I’m thinking about a short story and even a memoir.

Is there anything you would say to other writers, that want to write and publish a book?

Keep on writing; even it’s just for yourself. Educate yourself before writing the book. Start with short articles, stories, etc. before writing a full novel or non-fiction book. Get a mentor or coach to bounce ideas, and then an accountability partner who holds you to the task. It’s not in the starting it’s in the finishing. Go ahead and write something that inspires you.

Where can my readers find your book and how they can follow you on social media? Leave only links that you want open to the public.






Thank you Pirkko for sharing with us, and I understand the problem with having multiple ideas. For me it’s never a problem of having something to write about, but choosing what I should write next.

As Always, Happy Reading and Writing Everyone
G. D. Talbot

No comments:

Post a Comment