Tuesday, January 8, 2019

Back to the Writing in 2019


So the holidays are over, the treats are eaten, and the presents have been opened. So now it’s time to get back to writing my next book. First I hope everyone had wonderful and blessed holidays. Second, I want to tell you where I am at with the process of my next novel.

As many of you know I wrote about my creative process called, ‘The Inspirational Creative Loop’ on this blog. If you need or want to read it, use the link here? 


I want to show everyone how I used this process for the novel I’m working on now. I prepared for nanowrimo.org, by doing these parts of my process, Inspiration, Ideas, Story Outline or in my case a Partial Story Outline, before November 1st.

Then during the month of November with the support and resources from nanowrimo.org, I went from a Partial Story Outline to a full First Rough Draft. Thank you nanowrimo.org, you guys rock.

I have pointed out in the past that a lot of authors get their steps mixed up, or in an order that seems to slow them down or even stop them from publishing, and/or even finishing their book. A lot of the time I see and hear authors messing up this next step the most. And that is the, ‘Do I want to publish this book?’ Or as I ask myself in this step, ‘Do I want to share this book with the world?’ As I said above, I got to a full first rough draft by the end of November. Then I took a month to, wonder if I should share my book, and I even ask close friends and relatives, “Should I publish this story?” I have come to the conclusion that I will eventually publish this story, either by traditional or self. But my point here is to show the importance of this small but crucial step as a writer. That this step should not just take time in doing but also that it is important, when, in the process that this decision is made. You notice that I have a full story before asking this question. So if I decide yes, I can easily go into the publishing process, ‘The Publishing Process’ post coming soon. Also, I made sure that this question never comes up during the creative process. To make sure that it in no way hinders my creativity.
I hope this post was helpful or inspired a few of you out there. I will be trying to get back to my normal work schedule and will be posting one to two author interviews a week. Unless of course I have some posts about writing, inspiration, or book reviews instead.



Happy Reading and Writing Everyone

G. D. Talbot

No comments:

Post a Comment