Friday, October 12, 2018

My Interview with Frank B. Luke

What is your name and/or pen name? 

Frank B. Luke 

What genre do you write? 

Fantasy both medieval fantasy and modern fantasy. And I am currently working on my first LitRPG. 

What made you want to be a writer? 

I have always wanted to put my words on paper for others to read and be inspired in their Christian walk. I can’t put a time on when it happened. 

What do you use to keep yourself inspired while writing? 

Inspiration has never been a problem. In fact, I have to focus on a piece because other ideas will come to me while writing one book. 

How do you feel about the writing community as a whole? 

I find the writing community, especially smaller writers, very open and helpful. They don’t view other writers as competition. Instead, the know that helping other writers get started also helps them by bringing in more fans. 

Have you or will you be willing to collaborate with other authors in the future? 

Even though I never have before, I am very open to collaborating with other writers. However, writers who collaborate have warned me that the work has to be split evenly, with each author ready to contribute their full 80%. (And that’s no typo.) 

Tell us about your book and if it’s upcoming or already published. 

Seven Deadly Tales collects a story about each of the deadly sins. Each story spends time at Lou’s Bar & Grill, an establishment that differs with every story depending on what the client would respond to best. The staff goes out of their way to offer exactly what you think you want most. But the price is always more than what’s on the menu. 

Is your book or upcoming book an eBook, paperback, or both? 

Seven Deadly Tales can be bought in either format. 

Is this your first book? 

No. I released Rebirths several years ago. It is available only as an eBook. It is a medieval fantasy about a prophet who falls hard from grace and only returns after leaving black magic. Once he has repents, he struggles with whether or not he can ever be used as a prophet again. 

Are you planning to write more? 

I am almost finished with a companion book to Seven Deadly Tales. Joshua’s Pawn Shop deals with the other side of the spirit realm. You only find Joshua’s when you need a second chance. Where the Seven Deadly Tales focus on vices and sins, each story in Joshua’s revolves around one of the cardinal virtues or heavenly graces. 

Is there anything you would say to other writers, that want to write and publish a book? 

Don’t give up. If God has given you a story, work until it is out there. 

Where can my readers find your book and how they can follow you on social media? Leave only links that you want open to the public. 






Thank you so much Frank for sharing with us, and I really enjoyed when you said, “Don’t give up. If God has given you a story, work until it is out there.” Those words give me encouragement and I am going to use that statement in my inspirational step when I am creating.
I hope everyone will give Frank’s books a look over and if you buy and read them, make sure to leave a review.
As Always, Happy Reading and Writing Everyone
G. D. Talbot

No comments:

Post a Comment