Friday, June 15, 2018

My Interview With Thomas Zman


What is your name and/or pen name? 

Thomas Zman:  The pronunciation of my last name was sometimes awkward, so I phoneticized it. 

What genre do you write?            

I write Religious Science Fiction, with a helping of alternate history. 

Can you tell my readers how Religious Science Fiction is different than regular Science Fiction? 

Religious Science Fiction is a natural expansion of pure Science Fiction in that it incorporates God into having the final say in all things.  Scientists may be unraveling all the mysteries of our cosmos, of life functions, but they are unable to explain the spiritual.  That is where they are truly in the dark.  What is the force that gives life, gives soul to a being?  There are no answers.  That is why I feel it is so important that we, as humans, realize our place in the cosmos.  Alien intelligence is an integral part of our civilization.  It's just that they have yet to be announced to the populous.  Slowly, I feel, our government and religious institutions are making their presence, their influences known.  But the aliens are not the answer.  They too must abide by standards, and to allow mankind think that they are the answer, that they are the true gods is a mistake -- a sin.  I feel they may have worked hand in hand with heavenly beings, angels, and God Himself.  But they are just part of a much larger picture -- the infinity of the universe . . . of God. I have long felt it necessary to incorporate God -- and not just Christianity, but all religions -- into science fiction for it was within this genre that perhaps a more complete, not to mention compelling picture will eventually emerge. 

What made you want to be a writer? 

At a very young age I had a bunch of ideas/concepts that I saw nowhere in the books that I was reading or the movies I was seeing.  So I decided one day I would fit together and create a story from these concepts.  And so at the age of nineteen, I began. 

How do you feel about the writing community as a whole? 

I have taken the matter of being an author seriously now for just over a year.  In that time I have learned to hold onto my money.  Too many individual out there vying to separate it from you with the “guarantee of selling more books”.  

 Have you or will you be willing to collaborate with other authors in the future? 

I have had the help of several authors, having met them on Goodreads.  It is there that I find the people most genuine.  We have corresponded back and forth, and even shared works in progress amongst ourselves.  So the answer is yes. 

Tell us about your book and if it’s upcoming or already published. 

I have two published books in my Neuphobes Series. From Whence They Came and Beyond Imagination.  They both corroborate the stories of the other, both having taken place at the same time, though told by different characters from entirely different perspectives.  I am now at work editing my final book in the Neuphobes Series, which I will call Before it Began.  This novel actually precedes the other two books and would likely be read first before the others.  It encompasses a time period of some forty thousand years, laying out an alternate history beginning with the settlement of aliens on our planet during the Paleolithic Period.  It there strikes the engagement between a highly advanced civilization and the primitive foraging’s of mankind.  The novel unfolds through the eyes of an alien, whose soul lives eternally through a succession of host bodies. His story develops as he time-hops through history, morphing from one alien body to another, from one situation to the next.  Repeatedly, the story brings you to the many archaeological anomalies skewing the historical timeline, alien intervention vividly filling the gaps with reserved ingenuity to the point where my other books then begin.  This alternate perspective of history will not only support the claims of many conspiracy theorists, but also undoubtedly illuminate an epiphany within the imaginations of everyday readers.  For by the hand of God are all things made possible! 

Is your book or upcoming book an eBook, paperback, or both? 

It will be available along with my other works on Amazon, from my Author’s Page, in both eBook and paperback versions. 

Is this your first book? 

It is actually my third, not counting my collection of short stories, which I had bound into a short novel entitled The Man Who Carried Guilt.  This by the way was pure fiction with no science or religion in it. 

Are you planning to write more? 

Yes.  Once, Before it Began is completed, I intend to start a literary piece where my first novel, From Whence They Came, ends. 

Is there anything you would say to other writers, that want to write and publish a book? 

View your work as a hobby.  By no means think you will immediately become famous and your works selling millions of copies.  Take your time in doing so.  Have other writers critique your work.  And try to write everyday.  Amazon is a great launching pad for beginning writers.  They give you the best platform from which to start. 

Where can my readers find your book and how they can follow you on social media? Leave only links that you want open to the public.

I can be found on Facebook just by the spelling of my name, Thomas Zman.  I also have my own Author’s Page on Amazon, which any of my books will automatically take you to by simply looking them up. Links Below. 



Thank you Thomas I really enjoyed this interview. Mostly because we are both in the same universe, genre speaking.


As Always, Happy Reading and Writing Everyone


G. D. Talbot

No comments:

Post a Comment